Luis Zambrano Cruzatty
Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
308 Boardman Hall
University of Maine
Orono, Maine 04469-5711
Ph.D. Civil Engineering,
Virginia Tech, 2021
M.S. Civil Engineering,
Virginia Tech, 2017
B.S. Civil Engineering,
Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral (Ecuador) , 2012
CIE 365 – Soil Mechanics
Use of advanced modeling techniques to solve complex problems of geotechnical engineering and geomechanics, including:
- Developing constitutive models for strain-rate sensitive materials.
- The use of the material point method (MPM) to study penetration into soils.
Moreover, current interest includes applications of geotechnical engineering to study soil erosion, mainly focused on coastal applications.
Emerging research interest includes:
- Coupled CFD-MPM simulations for assessing scour and erosion problems.
- The use of discrete element methods to study soil behavior at high strain rates.
- Installation of offshore foundations.