Transfer Students

Candidates who desire to transfer to the Civil and Environmental Engineering Program from another university or college of recognized standing must file an application with the University of Maine Admissions Office.  If your academic performance at another institution has been satisfactory and you meet the minimum requirements for entrance into the College of Engineering, there is typically little difficulty in admitting you into the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.  Students wanting to transfer into the Department from another program at the University of Maine need to meet with the Department Chair to discuss their eligibility.

The evaluation of transcripts of prior academic work is done through the College of Engineering Dean’s Office.  Evaluations are completed only after the candidate has been approved for admissions to the University and full final transcripts from other institutions have been received.  The Dean’s Office makes every attempt to give reasonable credit for work performed at other academic institutions.