Warda Ashraf, PhD
Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
314 Boardman Hall
University of Maine
Orono, Maine 04469-5711
Ph.D. – Lyles School of Civil Engineering, Purdue University, IN, 2017.
M.S. – Department of Civil Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Bangladesh, 2012.
B.S. – Department of Civil Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Bangladesh, 2009.
CIE 598 Advanced Cement-Based Materials
CIE 498 Pavement Analysis & Design
Long term durability performance of construction materials; Alternative cementitious materials with low CO2 footprint; Multiscale characterization and modeling of materials; Mineral carbonation technology for CO2 storage
Selected Publications: (see full list: google scholar)
- Ashraf, W., Atakan, V. and Jain, J., (2017) “Microscopic features of carbonated calcium silicate based cement paste and mortar”, Cement and Concrete Research, Elsevier. DOI: 10.1016/j.cemconres.2017.07.001 Link
- Ashraf, W., Olek, J. and Tian, N., (2016), “Multiscale characterization of carbonated wollastonite paste and application of homogenization schemes to predict its bulk elastic modulus”, Cement and Concrete Composites, Elsevier, 72, pp 284-298. DOI: 10.1016/j.cemconcomp.2016.05.023. Link
- Ashraf, W., (2016), “Carbonation of cement-based materials: Challenges and opportunities”, Construction and Building Materials, Elsevier, 120, pp 558 – 570. DOI 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2016.05.080. Link
- Ashraf, W.and Tian, N. 2016. “Nanoindentation assisted investigation on the viscoelastic behavior of carbonated cementitious matrix: Influence of loading function”, Construction and Building Materials, 127, 904 – 917. Link
- Ashraf, W. and Olek, J., (2016) “Carbonation behavior of hydraulic and non-hydraulic calcium silicates: Potential of utilizing low- lime calcium silicates in cement-based materials”, Journal of Materials Science, Springer. DOI: 10.1007/s10853-016-9909-4. Link
- Ashraf, W.and Noor, M.A., (2013), “Laboratory scale investigation on the band gradations of aggregate for concrete,” ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering. 25(11), 1776–1782. Link
- Ashraf, W.and Noor, M.A., (2012), “Effects of aggregate gradation on water permeability of concrete,” Advanced Materials Research. 488-489, pp 248-252. Link
- Ashraf, W.and Noor, M.A., (2011), “Concrete property analysis with the perspective of 5-10-14-18 and 5-10-18-22 band gradation,” Applied Mechanics and Materials. 84–85, pp 101-105. Link
- Ashraf, W.and Noor, M.A., (2011), “A parametric study for assessing the relationship of coarseness factor and workability factor on concrete compressive strength,” International Journal of Civil and Structural Engineering. 1(4), pp 740-748. Link