Welcome current students! You are heading for an exciting career in Civil and Environmental Engineering. The faculty and staff are here to teach you the knowledge. Looking for something outside of school? Check out our own student activities! Lots of them focus on helping others and community service that overall will help you grow as a leader in your discipline.
Undergraduate Student Resources
- CIE-Undergrad-Guide 2018-2019
- curriculum 2018-2019
- CIE Prerequisites
- Undergraduate CIE courses snapshot
- Scholarship Information
The main focus areas offered by the Department are described below. Students can also earn a concentration as part of their degree that must be declared with the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department before the start of their final semester.
- Transportation: focus on roadway design and planning
- Environmental: focus on interaction of engineering, soil science, chemistry and biology to resolve environmental problems
- Water Resources: focus on hydrology and design of water resources such as groundwater, surface water, and watershed engineering
- Structures & Mechanics: focus on mechanics , modelling and design of structures such as bridges and buildings
- Geotechnical: focus on the engineering behavior of soil and design of foundations and earth retaining structures